Finished Objects: Little Birds (modified)

I began knitting Little Birds about two months ago, and I learned a lot about garment construction whilst knitting it.  The pattern uses a steek down the center/diagonal opening to allow for continuous knitting on circulars despite the eventual need to separate the piece eventually.  The pattern does have it's blips.  For example, Twist Collective editors must have had a mix-up because schematics give the final sleeve length as ~19" which is a full-sleeve length, but the charts contained within the pattern are actually for a 16" sleeve (3/4 length sleeve).

Wanting a full-length sleeved cardigan, I opted to add an additional row, which I was happy to do in the form of some very hungry space invaders.  I also added quite a bit of length to the ribbed cuffs in order to compensate for the still too-short-arms.  I love the ribbing and everyone loves the beaded ribbing effect.  In fact, I've had more compliments on that than my hungry space invaders and exploding birds.  Go figure.  :)


Other mods to the pattern: the bird's head is actually smaller than the charted one, I made the back less wide at the arms, and I sewed the buttons on, but then also sewed the overlapping fabrics together as they were tugging in a funny way.  I also chose to do a ribbed collar instead of a garter stitch one as specified in the pattern.  I'm happy to be done and loving it enough to have worn it three days in a row.